We reserve the right to amend or modify this Policy, as may be needed, to comply with the mandate of the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173) and other relevant laws, rules and regulations. All changes or modifications on the Policy shall be posted at our website.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
In order to have a better understanding of this Policy, the following words shall be defined as follows:
a. “CROCS” – shall refer to WALK EZ RETAIL CORP.;
b. “Data Subject” - refers to an individual whose Personal or Sensitive Personal Information is collected, used, shared or otherwise processed.
c. “DPA Legislation” - shall refer to the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173), its implementing rules and such issuances related thereto;
d. “Process”, “Processes”, “Processing” or “Processed” shall have the meaning as defined by existing and future DPA Legislation.
e. “Personal Data” – any data, whether true or not, from which an individual person can be identified or ascertained; or from that data and other information which we may access to. It includes “personal information” and “sensitive personal information as defined by the DPA Legislation.
f. “Website” - shall refer to the CROCS’ online store with https://crocs.com.ph/ web address and its mobile applications, if any.
WHEN AND HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM YOU:
We may collect personal data from you in the following instances:
- when you visit, browse, interact or use CROCS’ website, including its mobile applications, if any.
- when you use our customer related services, such as but not limited to submitting inquiries or questions through the contact us page, sending an email or communications through the contact details provided through the website;
- when you create a profile or register an account with us;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter or marketing communications;
- when you carry out transactions through the website such as purchasing products, submission of forms, submitting reviews and ratings for the website or for the purchased product/s.
- you voluntarily submit personal data to us through the website or to through our authorized representative for any reason.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
We collect the following personal data when you create an account or profile in the Website:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
The following information will be required from you when you purchase from the Website:
- First name
- Last name
- Contact number
- Delivery or Shipping Address
- Billing Address, if different from shipping address
- Loyalty or Rewards Card number, if applicable.
- Name of issuing bank
- Name of cardholder
- Last four digits of the credit or debit card used
- Amount involved
Upon your instructions, we may store the masked data shared by the payment gateway service provider. The masked data may be used to process your concerns such as request for refunds or complaints relating to the payments made through your credit or debit card.
We also collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies, such as when you connect to the internet or browse using your computer, or when you view our website using your mobile phone. The information which we collect may include the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- computer/mobile device operating system;
- browser used;
- kind of mobile device used and the characteristics of the mobile device such as, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
- browsing behavior;
You must ensure that the personal data that you provide is accurate and up-to-date. You may update your personal data at any time by accessing your account in the website. CROCS and its service group shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or claim arising from your failure to keep your personal data accurate and updated.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
Your personal data may be used or processed for any or all of the following purposes:
- To administer and maintain your account with us, including granting you access to our website;
- To render services to you, such as but not limited to, addressing your inquiries or concerns, processing your transactions with us;
- To provide you with you updates on our products and promotions;
- To notify you of service issues and/or unusual account actions, should any occur;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the website and customize them for users according to their interests and preferences;
- To communicate with you, if necessary;
- To maintain or improve the Website, including providing systems update/support as may be required.
- To conduct research, analysis, analytics and service related activities aimed to improve our goods and/or services;
- To comply with applicable laws and our internal audit, financial and risk management procedures;
- To carry out legitimate business purposes;
a. Our service group consisting of CROCS’ affiliates, directors, officers, employees, authorized personnel and consultants;
b. Accredited third-party service providers such as but not limited to technology partners, payment processors, payment gateway service providers, financial institutions you chose when paying for your purchase, logistics providers and courier services;
c. Administrators of loyalty or point earning/redemption programs, should you choose to utilize your membership card during your purchase;
d. Such other party you authorize us to disclose your personal data to.
Access to your personal data by the above named persons/entities is only for the purpose of carrying out the above mentioned legitimate business purposes. In certain circumstances, we may need to provide or disclose customer information to government authorities in order for us to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or, to obey court orders or, to aid criminal, civil or administrative investigations, among others.
Your consent to the collection, use, storage, retention or otherwise processing of your personal data was obtained at the time of creation of your personal account or profile in the website or upon submission of your concern or inquiry.
COLLECTION OF COOKIES/COMPUTER DATA:
Cookies contain information about the web activities of the user. This allows CROCS to understand more about your visit and help us enhance your experience. Cookies may also be used for authentication and storing website information or your preferences. You are free to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting to decline cookies. However, should you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Website.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on in our service and the Website. They allow us to count users who have viewed pages, the time spent on the pages, the items searched for, among others, through the use of the Website so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
A. Functional/Performance: These are cookies that our Website needs in order to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site will not be usable. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to allow you to sign in as a registered user, to store how many items are in your shopping bag and to check out securely. Without these cookies, our site will not work the way it should.
B. Preferences: These cookies allow our site to remember your preferences, helping you to customize your experience on our site. That way, when you return to our site and they provide you support when needed for a more relevant browsing experience.
C. Measurement and Analytics: These cookies tell us how users interact with the website content. The information is anonymized and aggregated for website analysis purposes. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
D. Ad Recommendation: These cookies are used to deliver advertising content which is relevant to you. The purpose is to provide you with customized ads based on your interest, search and browsing behavior.
E. Third Party Cookies: Third party cookies are set on our website. These aid in measurement, analytics and ad personalization purposes. Third parties may include Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and the like. For more information, please go to the third party website for more information.
If you do not want to accept cookies from Website, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware that the Website may no longer function as intended.
TURNING OFF COOKIES
Within your browser you can choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use i.e. third party cookies, or those from specific websites. Each browser’s website should contain instructions on how you can do this. We remind you that If you block cookies on our website, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website and certain functions and pages will not be accessible.
NO SPAM, SPYWARE, OR VIRUS
Spam, spyware or virus is not allowed on Website. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we send communications to you in accordance with your preferences. You are not licensed or otherwise allowed to add other users to our mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via the
Website. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
DATA STORAGE AND PROTECTION
CROCS has organizational, physical, technical and security measures in place to keep your personal data secured and protected from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar privacy risks. These security measures include the following:
- Personal and other information collected via through the use of the website or other electronic methods are stored in a secure IT Infrastructure, while physical records of personal data, if any, are stored in a locked and secured place;
- Utilizing up-to-date technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access;
- Securely destroying customer personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
- Using industry standard encryption technology and regularly run vulnerability scans and other maintenance activities to ensure that customer information and the website are secured.
We process your personal data within the Philippines Territory and thus, Philippine DPA Legislations shall be applicable to the processing of your personal data. While our Website may be viewed in other jurisdictions, CROCS processes and delivers your orders only within the Philippines. In the event that we need to process or store your personal data in foreign jurisdictions, CROCS will comply with the applicable cross border laws, rules and regulations.
CROCS retains your personal data for as long as your account remains active or as long as you have not deleted your account in our Website. Your data will be deactivated from the website and will become inaccessible after we receive a written request from you to deactivate your account and/or to destroy your data. In some circumstances, such as but not limited to compliance to legal or regulatory obligations, court orders or processes, resolution of disputes, prevention of fraud or abuse, enforcement our terms and conditions or to meet our contractual obligations to third parties, we may hold on to your personal data for a period longer than what is stated in our general retention policy.
CROCS shall not knowingly collect personal data of persons below the age of 18 years (“Minors”). Should it come to our attention that personal data of minors were provided to us without authority of their parents and/or legal guardians, such personal data or account shall be destroyed or deleted in a secured manner. Minors are advised not to provide any personal data to the Website. Please consult your parent/s or guardian/s before visiting the CROCS online store.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT:
As a data subject you have the right to be informed, to object, to access, to rectify, to erasure or blocking, to damages, to data portability and to complain in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. You may exercise these rights at any time following the proper procedures laid down in government issuances and regulations. We have included here contact information that can be used to voice clarifications and complaints relative to your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights as data subject (the right to be informed, to object, to access, to rectify, to erasure or blocking, to damages, to data portability and to complain) or in case of inquiries regarding your personal data, you may reach out to our Data Protection Officer in the contact details below: